April 28-May 2
Latin II Period C
April 14-April 18
MONDAY: April 14
1. Finish Worksheet on Adjectives.
2. Study for Quiz on Adjectives.
TUESDAY: April 15
1. Complete a Worksheet on Chapter 33 Vocabulary.
WEDNESDAY: April 16
1. Attempt a Worksheet on Comparative Adjectives.
THURSDAY: April 17
1. Finish a very important practice vocabulary quiz Chapter 34
FRIDAY: April 18
1. Have a wonderful and safe vacation!!!
2. Make good decisions and have fun
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Verbum semel emissum volat irrevocabile.
-Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65-8 BCE)
Triva Of The Week
Mulsum was wine sweetened with honey, mixed in just before drinking (and therefore not like mead) and served as an aperitif at the beginning of the meal. Often freely dispensed to the plebs at public events to solicit their political support, the demand for mulsum became so great that it was more profitable to sell wine at home than to export it and, by the first century AD, wine had to be imported from Iberia and Gaul. Varro relates the story of an impoverished host serving mulsum to his guests, even though he economized by not drinking it, himself. But mulsum was not always inexpensive or inferior. Martial writes of the best quality being made of Falernian mixed with Attic honey, a drink suitable to be poured by Ganymede, himself, cupbearer to Zeus (XIII.108).